Steriprep (Antiseptic Solution) 60ml
SteriPrep - Infection Control
Formulation contains 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and 2% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and it is safe and effective for use prior to invasive procedure where povidone iodine is currently used.
For antiseptic skin preparation
Directions for use:
If skin is visibly soiled, cleanse and dry before using SteriPrep. Apply SteriPrep to the site by pouring directly from the container or by using sterile gauze and permit to dry.
SteriPrep SHOULD NOT be used:
- In children less than 2 months of age as the safety or efficacy of chlorhexidine in infant is still an unresolved issue.
- On patients with known allergies to IPA or CHG
- For lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- On open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- In or around eyes, brain, meninges, middle ears, mouth, and other mucous membrane. Not suitable for use in body cavities.
👉 Solution contains alcohol and gives off flammable vapors — allow to dry three to five minutes on skin.
👉 Do not drape or use ignition source (e.g., laser) until solution is completely dry. This may take a few minutes or more, depending on the amount and location of the solution. (minimum of 3 minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair). The prepped area should be inspected to confirm it is dry prior to draping.
👉 If used before diathermy, ensure that the skin and surrounding drapes are completely dry.
👉 Avoid getting solution into patient’s hair or linens. Wet hair or linens are flammable. Hair may take up to 1 hour to dry.
👉 Do not allow the solution to pool
👉 Remove any soaked materials, drapes, and gowns before using ignition sources
👉 Whenever prepping the neck area, place sterile towels under each side to absorb excess solution and then remove.
👉 Localized allergic reactions may occur with the use of this product in sensitive individuals. If redness or irritation occurs, stop using the product.