Our Occupational Therapists are trained to provide specialised rehabilitation for individuals with concerns and difficulties in *Activity of Daily Living (ADL) and **Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL). These difficulties could be due to stroke, brain, spinal cord injuries, respiratory disorders, as well as orthopaedic patients.
Our Occupational Therapists will assess and provide latest evidence-based therapy.
For example, our Occupational Therapists are able to recommend the following personalised care plans:
(1) To retrain you to participate in *ADL and **IADL,
(2) Bed transfer,
(3) Wheelchair seating, positioning and transfer,
(4) Review your home environment, and
(5) Prescribe assistive equipment (e.g wheelchair, commodes etc.).
They will help to draw up meaningful and effective goals together with you.
* ADL refers to six tasks, which are mobility, feeding, transferring, dressing, bathing and toileting.
**IADL refers to six daily tasks, which are light housekeeping, meal preparation, medicine consumption, grocery shopping, telephone utilisation, and managing finances.